Frequently asked questions (f.a.q's)
- How to add your passport information (API)
Due to recent changes related to increased security at airports, most tour operators now require you to provide full Advanced Passenger Information (API) prior to flying. This simply means providing the passport information as requested. If you are submitting the information via our website www.purpletravel.co.uk/api please give your Purple Travel ref HAY-XXXXX or if you are adding the API details on the airlines site directly please use the airline reference number on you booking confirmation.Please read our API Guide below, regarding passport details as you will need to provide these before you travel.
FIND YOUR FLIGHT PROVIDER BELOW
- Ryanair Please note that from 1st November, free online check-in will be available from 4 days to 2 hours ahead of departure. Customers who do not wish to reserve their preferred seat, must send us their passport details and we will submit them free of charge between 4 days and 2 hours before departure and will be allocated a random seat. We will then forward you your boarding passes via e-mail. All Ryanair customers may buy their reserved seat by calling 0203 053 0990, from the time of booking right up to 2 hours before their scheduled departure, and in turn we can check you in, from between 30 days and 2 hours before your flight. Please submit your passport information here www.purpletravel.co.uk/api We must advise that if you do not provide this information you will be charged extra to print your boarding passes at the airport.
- easyJet Please visit www.easyjet.com to input your passport details under the ‘Check in’ box at the top of the page. **PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO LOG IN USING ‘MANAGE MY BOOKING’ TAB!**. You will need your operator reference with easyJet, which is a mix of 7 letters and numbers (i.e. EHF1B3C) and surname of lead passenger.
- Fly Thomas Cook Please visit https://www.thomascookairlines.com/RetrieveBooking.aspx to input your passport details. You will need your operator reference with Fly Thomas Cook, which is a mix of 6 letters or numbers (i.e. A1BF5T). Please note that this is available between 28 and 6 days prior to your departure.
- Thomson Fly Please visit http://eapi.thomson.co.uk to input your passport details. You will need your operator reference with Thomson Fly, which will be 7 numbers. Please note that this is available from 6 months prior to your departure.
- JET2 Please visit http://www.jet2.com to input your passport details. Please select the ‘Manage My Booking’ session on the top of the page. You will need your reference with Jet2, which is a series of 6 letters or numbers (i.e. A1BF5T) and the surname of the lead passenger. You can do this at the same time as your online check-in.
- BMI Baby Please visit http://www.britishairways.com/travel/managebooking/public/en_gb. You will need your operator reference with BA and your surname.
- Flybe Please visit https://www.flybe.com/cam/initFindBooking.do to input your passport details. Please note the link is case sensitive. You will need your reference with Flybe, which is a series of 6 letters or numbers (i.e. A1BF5T) and your name. Please ensure you print out your boarading cards to take with you to the airport.
- Wizz Air Please use the link below to submit your API. Airport check in is subject to a fee payable per passenger and per flight. You can check in from 30 days to 3 hours before your flight, online check in is free. You MUST print the boarding pass to take with you to the airport
- Monarch If you are travelling to or through the USA. Please visit www.purpletravel.co.uk/api to add your Passport information which we will submit to the airline. If you are travelling to any other destination you can check in at the airport. Please note that if you are travelling to or via the USA you will not be permitted to board if you do not submit the required information
- Amadeus / Aer Lingus / Monarch(USA Only) or any other airline Please visit www.purpletravel.co.uk/api to submit your passport information which we will provide to the airline.
We must advise that if you do not provide this information for any of these flight operators in this guide, you may be refused entry to fly at your departure airport, or you may be charged extra for this service.
Please make sure you double-check that all details are correct on your booking summary. If there are any errors on your booking, or you have any queries please contact us either by calling 0203 053 0990 or by emailing us at email@example.com
** If you are travelling to Turkey, you must apply for a Tourist Visa prior to travel. You can no longer obtain a visa upon arrival. You can apply here: https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
*If you are travelling to Goa, please ensure that you take a photocopy of all passengers' passports to hand in to the hotel reception upon check-in.
- I am flying to or via the USA, are there are special rules for travelling there? If you are travelling to or via the USA, you must file for the Visa Waiver Program via ESTA and also fill in the Advanced Passenger Information with the flight provider. Please see the attached USA Visa Guide for more information. This information is compulsory to travel to the USA; if you do not provide this, you will not be allowed to receive a boarding pass to fly.
- Where do I find my tickets?
No paper tickets are issued by low cost airlines. You will receive a flight confirmation attached to your booking summary. This is all you need as confirmation of your flight.
The only exceptions are Ryanair, Easyjet and Jet 2, for these airlines you MUST have your boarding passes printed. Please see the API guide for instructions.
- If there is a mistake on my confirmation documents what should I do?
Please email the details of the error to firstname.lastname@example.org, remembering to quote our reference number, and a contact phone number in case of any queries. This must be done within 7 days of the date on your paperwork.
- If I need to change my booking what do I do?
Please email the details of the change at email@example.com, remembering to quote our reference number, and a contact phone number. Please note that charges will apply by both us and your operator – See our Booking Terms. No changes will be made until we have spoken to you and advised you of the cost.
- How do I cancel my booking?
You can cancel your booking by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need the lead passenger to email us from the email taken at the time of booking. Cancellation charges will apply by both ourselves and your tour operator(s) – See our Booking Terms. We then email you the charges of cancellation, and if you wish to accept them, you must reply to that email. If you wish to continue with your holiday without cancelling, you do not need to respond further, and we will leave the booking active. We cannot cancel by telephone.
- When is my balance due for my holiday?
All balance payments must be settled in full no later than 12 weeks prior to the departure date. Where the balances are not settled by this date, we reserve the right to charge £15 late payment fee. If you have arranged a different payment date with the sales agent, then the final date the agent stated is your balance due date. Even if you received an alternative date, you will still receive balance reminder letters, as we are required to inform customers about when their balance is due. You can pay your balance by calling us on 0203 053 0990 and quote your booking reference, please note that card charges will apply (see our terms and conditions). Alternatively, you can pay by cheque; all cheques must be payable to “Hays Travel Ltd” and sent to the address below. If you do not pay the balance then the holiday will be cancelled and you will not receive any refund.
- What are the check-in and check-out times for my hotel?
Normal check in/out times vary by property but as a rule, please use this guide.
Check In: After 2pm - Please note that you may be able to check into your room earlier if it is ready to be occupied.
Check Out: 10 - 11am
Late Check Out: Rooms may be kept on later, to be agreed with the property direct, for an extra charge payable locally.
- Is there someone I can contact if I have a problem when I am on holiday?
Yes. On your vouchers there are emergency contact numbers for the agents in resort, please contact these numbers first. If you are having trouble getting in contact with the local agents, please contact us on 0044 207 993 9227.
- Do I need travel insurance to be able to go on holiday?
We strongly advise all passengers to have adequate travel insurance. Some tour operators or airlines may refuse you travel if you cannot produce a valid certificate of insurance.
- What are my Passport and Visa requirements?
If you wish to travel abroad, even for a day trip, you must hold a full 10 year passport. Some countries have an immigration requirement for a passport to remain valid for a minimum period (usually 6 months), therefore ensure that you have at least 6 months left in your passport at the return date and that is in good order. Any questions should be addressed to the Consulate or Embassy of the country that you are travelling to. For Visa requirements, you must check with the Consulate or Embassy of the country that you are travelling to. It is the customers’ responsibility to ensure that they satisfy the Visa and Passport requirements.
- I have come back from holiday and would like to make a complaint. How do I go about it?
We would like to apologise in advance if you had a problem on your holiday. To register a complaint upon returning, please email email@example.com or alternatively send a letter to our address below. All complaints must be made within 28 days of your returning from holiday; otherwise we will not be able to investigate your complaint. If have any receipts, photographs or otherwise, please ensure you send these as well. Customer Relations cannot accept complaints by telephone, as we require a log of all communication made to our company in a written format. This is also because your personal experiences are required in order for the tour operator(s) to fully understand your grievances. Replies will be within 28 days of the date your email is acknowledged by someone from the Customer Relations department and/or principal provider.
- How do I arrange special assistance for my holiday?
If you or any member of your party have any disabilities, it is extremely important that we make the necessary arrangements to make your holiday go smoothly. Please advise your travel expert about your requirements before booking. If you need special assistance, please get in touch with our Customer Service Department on 0207 993 9227. If you have already booked please contact our offices to ensure compatibility for the holiday that you chose.
Contact Purple Travel Customer Services Department
Phone: 0203 053 0990
4th Floor 9-10 Vine Place,
Tybe & Wear,