Jobs with purple travel
We need some more extraordinary people to join the PurpleTravel.co.uk team. See our latest job listings below.
- English Speaking Travel Agent in Athens
Ref number: PT-TA-2017
Purple Travel is a UK travel agency with a call center in Athens. We are looking for sales consultants to join our Call Centre in Athens. The position requires experienced sales agents who thrive working in a lively, deadline driven sales environment
This is a full time, all year round, position based in our call center in Agios Dimitrios
In this English speaking role, you will sell long and short haul holidays to members of the British public over the phone. You will work to weekly and monthly targets set by your management team and using your sales experience you’ll convert sales leads gained through our call centre customers. You will be professional in dealing with customers and have a genuine interest in developing a rapport with them. Customer Service is a key part of how we do business and we are looking for people who can deliver both sales and service.
This position is shift based and may include morning and/or evening hours, we need potential employees to be flexible regarding weekends and weekdays.
Role and responsibilities
- Working to regular targets and KPIs within a fast paced travel industry call centre
- Resourcing many supplier systems simultaneously for availability and prices
- Understanding the customer’s needs to provide advice and options that reflect their holiday requirements
- Using sales skills to maximise the potential profit on each booking made
- Developing and building relationships with customers for repeat business
- Cross and switch selling when necessary
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail Knowledge, skills and experience
- Fluent native English speaker
- Excellent computer skills essential
- Proven sales ability
- Driven to succeed in a pressurised environment
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Flexibility due to shift work o General geographical knowledge required
- Experience working in the travel industry desired
- Commission based salary with excellent earning potential
- Induction, product and on-going sales training
- Opportunity for progression
- Full time, year round position
- A fantastic working environment, within a successful team
- Join our Customer Service Team
Ref number: PT- CS-2017
We want people with flexibility, patience and excellent attention to detail as well as someone who wants to work as part of a great team, has a good sense of humour and fits in with our fast paced office. In return we are offering a competitive salary and great working environment.
In this English speaking role, you will be responsible for post sales communications with customers by phone and email. You will be professional and courteous and stay calm under pressure.
Role and Responsibilities
- Handling calls and email enquiries from customers
- Handling cancellations
- Handling upset/difficult customers
- Assisting customers with various requests
- Regular contact with suppliers for amendments
- Search for alternative hotels/flights/holidays
- Taking payments for balance/holidays
- Providing support for all sales agents
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience in customer service is essential
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Mature attitude and thick skin
- Organised, able to multi task and work on own initiative
- Ability to handle pressure and large work load
- MS Office skills
- Flexibility with working hours e.g. evenings and weekends
- A good sense of humour!
- Monthly salary
- Commission on after sales
- Working as part of a solid experienced team
- A great working environment
Please apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above reference number in the subject line.